- Nigeria Civil War - Ohanaeze Demands N2.4 Trillion Reparation for Massacre of Ndigbo
- Zimbabwe: Is Morgan Tsvangirai Going to Be Deposed As MDC Leader?
- Great Ethiopian Renaissance Dam - The Troubled Water!
- The Geopolitics of Gay Rights in Uganda
- Ethiopian Muslims Struggle for Religious Freedom is Exemplary
- UNMISS head of mission must heed calls to step down
- Khartoum: really out of the terrorism business?
- African Union Commission chief meet Darfur rebels
- MSF responds to poor medical conditions in Juba camps
- African Union forms commission of inquiry into South Sudan conflict
- Women in SA have a good story to tell
- Govt declares war on water leaks
- Russia respects “historic choice” by Crimean citizens: top legislator
- Motorists to travel with ease on N4
- Unplanned outages to reduce going into winter
- Libya: Niger extradites Gadhafi’s son al-Saadi
- Building a gateway to the future
- Russia is no ally for the Arabs
- New PM Mehleb appoints new ministers
- Egypt bourse retreats on political uncertainty
Daily Archives: April 7, 2013
Is this the Same “New Ethiopia” We in the SMNE Envision? On March 30, 2013, I had the privilege of watching history in progress while attending the first meeting of the newly formed Oromo Democratic Front (ODF) as an observer. … read more
(Reuters) – One person was killed and more than 80 were wounded in clashes at the Coptic Orthodox Cathedral in central Cairo on Sunday after a funeral service for four Egyptian Christians killed in sectarian violence with Muslims, state media … read more
As the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) enter their last 1000 days, UNICEF but called on the Government of Ethiopia, its people and development partners to accelerate results for children, particularly for the most marginalized and vulnerable. “Ethiopia should be proud … read more
LAGOS — A statement on Sunday purporting to be from the main militant group in Nigeria’s oil-producing region, MEND, claimed an attack on security forces, alleging at least 15 officers were killed. It was however not possible to determine if … read more
Indications emerged at the weekend that no fewer than three political camps are at present arrayed against Vice President Namadi Sambo, moving to replace him as veepee, in the build-up to the 2015 presidential election. In the first group, according … read more
Why the Federal Minister of Trade of Ethiopian (Abdurahman Sheikh Mohammed) was Sacked by Meles Zenawi?
Why the Federal Minister of Trade of Ethiopian (Abdurahman Sheikh Mohammed) was Sacked by Meles Zenawi? What are the facts and who are the Key Players in this case? By A Yakume* In November 2011, Abdurahman Sheikh Mohammed, a 29 … read more
By John Githongo opinion The general election has been concluded and a winner declared. Congratulations are in order to all the winners and all contestants. The process was far from perfect. A friend marvelled grimly last week: “You mean in … read more
Black Africans have gone through unimaginable ‘perscusions’ from generation to generation since time immemorial, but the worst of some of these heinous crimes of ‘man inhumanity to man’ against us was the Arabs and Europeans Slave Trade, of the last … read more
By Obi Nwakanma, Via vanguard opinion President Goodluck Jonathan,truly found his vocation: with a doctorate in Zoology, there could be no better place for him to put his skills to work than in the Zoo called Nigeria. Nigeria is a … read more
Government of Ethiopia (Addis Ababa) The inaugural meeting of Meles Foundation opened this morning (March 6) at the African Union Hall. The meeting is attended by Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn , President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda, President Ismail Omar Guelleh … read more