2015 Election: Buhari no threat to PDP
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said that General Muhammadu Buhari poses no threat to the party in the forthcoming general elections.
PDP National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, said this in a statement on Saturday in Abuja. The statement said that the former head of state, is no threat whatsoever to any candidate the PDP might project for 2015 elections.
It stressed that: “Buhari lost three times to the PDP in presidential elections in the past and would lose the fourth time if he emerged as APC candidate in 2015″.
The statement maintained that the All Progressives Congress (APC) cannot in anyway exonerate itself from the insurgency ravaging the country.
According to it, the APC had been promoting insurgency through the utterances and actions of its leaders, thinking that the insurgents were after President Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP.
It noted that if APC leaders had joined well-meaning Nigerians in condemning acts of terrorism earlier, those behind it would not have been bold enough to get it to the current alarming level.
The statement reaffirmed PDP`s commitment to peace and the welfare of Nigerians, adding that Jonathan remained a peace-loving, godly and humble man.
It held that Jonathan as PDP leader had continued to reiterate that no political ambition was worth shedding of blood.
This post has already been read 1 times!