Attack on training school: 35 policemen still missing

By IAfrica
In Nigeria
Aug 23rd, 2014
0 Comments
115 Views

Thirty- five policemen are still missing following two separate attacks on the Mobile Force Training School, Gwoza camp, in Borno State.

The facility was first attacked by suspected terrorists on August 7 with another one on August 20 with heavy casualties.

A statement last night by Force spokesman, Emmanuel Ojukwu said a rescue party launched by the police succeeded in bringing to safety some of the police officers that were caught in the two attacks.

“So far, thirty-five policemen who are still missing from the facility as a result of the latest attack are being searched for with very promising prospect of locating them.

“While enjoining all citizens to remain calm and join hands with the security forces in the collective fight against insurgency, the IGP restates his determination to work closely with other security agencies to stem the tide of terrorism in the country”, the statement added.

The statement said the Acting Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba had ordered the tightening of security around all police facilities in the country, in addition to efforts being made to further protect the lives and property of the citizenry.

Print Friendly

This post has already been read 1 times!


This post was originally published on this site

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS

Comments are closed.