AU High Representative H.E. Rawlings mediates on the Somali parliament crises.
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia, January 26, 2012/African Press Organization (APO)/ — The African Union High Representative for Somalia H.E. Jerry John Rawlings paid a one day visit to Mogadishu where he held meetings with various stakeholders as part of the AU’s continued efforts to resolve the current political standoff in the Transitional Federal Parliament (TFP).
H.E. Rawlings held talks with the president of the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) H.E. Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed, Prime Minister H.E. Abdiwelli Mohammed Ali and UN Special Representative for Somalia Ambassador Augustine Mahiga at Villa Somalia before holding separate meetings with all the parties involved in the current political crises in parliament.
Speaking to journalists shortly after meeting President Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed, H.E. Jerry John Rawlings said that on behalf of the African Union, he is committed to help in resolving the current crises in parliament.
- UN Special Representative concerned about continuing dispute in Somali Parliament (indepthafrica.com)
- The African Union deeply concerned by the ongoing crisis in the transitional federal parliament of Somalia (indepthafrica.com)
- Fight erupts in Somali parliament (indepthafrica.com)
- Statement Attributable to the Spokesperson for the Chairperson of the Commission, on the 18th AU Summit (indepthafrica.com)
- Somalia’s Dire Lessons for Afghanistan (indepthafrica.com)