Brazil 2014: Jennifer Lopez withdraws from opening ceremony

By IAfrica
In Nigeria
Jun 9th, 2014
0 Comments
135 Views

Football’s world governing body, FIFA, confirmed on Sunday night in Rio de Janeiro that pop star Jennifer Lopez has pulled out of Thursday’s World Cup opening ceremony in Brazil.

Lopez, who recorded the official World Cup song, “We Are One,” with rapper Pitbull and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte, had been due to perform with them at the Sao Paulo event, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

FIFA said that even with the pull out the opening ceremony would amaze the public, while paying homage to Brazil’s three biggest treasures, nature, people and football.

The singer’s representatives said in a statement, that regretfully Jennifer Lopez would not be attending this year’s World Cup ceremonies,” but gave no further explanation about why she would not be performing.

Lopez had said last week she was “thrilled” to be given the chance to perform at the opening ceremony, describing it as an amazing celebration of global unity, competition and sport.”

The post Brazil 2014: Jennifer Lopez withdraws from opening ceremony appeared first on The Nation.


This post was originally published on this site

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS

Comments are closed.