Code Of Conduct Bureau Urges Sacked Ministers To Declare Assets

By IAfrica
In Nigeria News Feed
Feb 17th, 2014
0 Comments
62 Views

Sacked-Ministers-480x300

The Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) has called on ministers who were sacked by President Goodluck Jonathan to declare their assets.

A statement by Head, Press and Protocol Unit of CCB, Mrs Iyabo Akinwale, in Abuja, said the directive was in accordance with Paragraph 11 of the 5th Schedule, Part One of the 1999 Constitution.

The statement said the schedule provided that “every public officer shall within three months after coming into force of this bureau or immediately after taking office and at the end of every four years, submit to it a written declaration of all properties, assets and liabilities”.

The statement, therefore, urged the ministers who were “yet to declare their assets to do so”.

Meanwhile, the statement said the CCB was organising a sensitisation workshop for public officers in NAFDAC in line with the mandate of the bureau.

Four Nigerian ministers, including the Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, were sacked by the Nigerian President, Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday last week.

Other ministers are Minister of the Niger Delta, Godsday Orubebe, Minister of Police Affairs, Caleb Olubolade and Minister of State For Finance, Yerima Ngama.

var addthis_config = {“data_track_clickback”:true,”data_track_addressbar”:true,”data_track_textcopy”:false,”ui_language”:”en”,”ui_atversion”:”300″,”ui_508_compliant”:true};
var addthis_product = ‘wpp-3.5.6′;

This post has already been read 1 times!


Comments are closed.