Commemoration of the Day of the African Child 2012 / Theme :”The Rights of Children with Disabilities: The Duty to Protect, Respect, Promote and Fulfil”
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia, June 13, 2012 — INVITATION TO REPRESENTATIVES OF THE MEDIA
14-15 June 2012
New African Union Conference Center (AUCC), AU Headquarters, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organized by The Chachi International and Wings Education and Media in collaboration with the Department of Social Affairs of the African Union.
• The aim of the program is to bring together children from different African countries (mainly children with disabilities), parents, teachers, international agencies, member states and civil society organizations to discuss the theme.
• To present an opportunity for the AUC to participate in awareness raising on the rights, capabilities and potential of children with disabilities, and to draw attention to the situation of children with disabilities who are particularly vulnerable to marginalization and /or violence
• More than 1000 children (mainly children with disabilities) and other stakeholder will be aware of the rights of children with disabilities. The message is expected to reach millions of children via electronic media, the special publication, billboard, banner and other promotional materials throughout the continent.
Invited guests :
- High level officials of the African Union Commission
- Ambassador / Representatives)of African countries
- Permanent Representatives Committee (PRC)
- Country Directors of International NGOs and invited staff of NGOs
- Ministers of the Ethiopia Government
- Children with disabilities
- The media
More than 1000 children from different African countries (mainly children with disabilities), parents, teachers, international
agencies, government bodies and the NGO community
Journalists are invited to cover the commemoration of the Day of the African Child 2012 from 14-15 June 2012.
For further information visit the AU website: www.au.int