I slaughtered only five people – Boko Haram butcher
The Boko Haram Chief Butcher, Zakari Mohammed Ardo, has said that he slaughtered “only five people” while operating with his fellow sect members.
Ardo, who was on Wednesday paraded before journalists at a police facility in Abuja, said it takes him two minutes to slaughter any human victim marked for the slab.
The suspect said he was the leader of a five-man team of butchers.
According to him, the four other members pinned the victim down while he cut the throat.
The 30-year-old suspect, who spoke to journalists through an interpreter (he spoke in Kanuri), said he joined Boko Haram in 2012 and had been operating with the sect until his arrest on July 12.
Ardo was arrested by the police along Darazo-Basrika Road, Bauchi while fleeing from Balmo Forest.
He has since been in police custody until news filtered in at the weekend that he had escaped from custody.
The Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, said the police authorities decided to parade the suspect to debunk reports of his purported escape.
Mba pleaded with the media to always exercise restraint in the reportage of terrorist activities, saying the issue was too sensitive for anyone to report without cross checking the facts with the appropriate security agencies.
This post has already been read 1 times!
This post was originally published on this site