Jubilee Conference Organisers Deny Political Favouritism
The attached press statement was distributed by the Leadership Conferences Foundation:
We wish to express surprise and regret at a report on the Zambian Watchdog entitled VJ AND OTHERS CONNED TO ENDORSE MULENGA SATA PRESIDENCY and alleging that the Jubilee Conference being held on Friday 5th September 2014, is designed to prop up Mulenga Sata’s presidential ambitions.
We wish to state that this report is false in its fact and in its foundation. It is a report designed by known persons with malicious intent to scuttle an initiative that is meant to celebrate the Golden Jubilee, recognise the work of our forefathers and foremothers and use the spirit of the Jubilee to bring people together.
Leadership Conferences Foundation (LFC) is non-profit organization set up by Oscar Chavula, Beatrice Mwila, Kellys Kaunda, Nakiwe Simpungwe, Stanley Mhango, Emmanuel Mwamba, James Mwenda and Cleophas Phiri as mere pioneers to bring Zambians together and promote the agenda of Zambia as the foremost goal.
To bring this idea to life, we decided to host a leadership conference that would act as a platform or forum for Zambians that would reflect on the last 50 years and help plan for the next 50 years.
We were inspired by Leviticus 25:10, which states that: “Consecrate the fiftieth year and proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you…”
We also recognized that the Jubilee year, is the year of Lord that he bequeaths favour, and liberty upon this nation, a year when liberty is proclaimed and reigns throughout the land and God puts to rest injustice, oppression, poverty and fear among his people.
The Conference has picked a main theme “Zambia at 50- A Call For Leadership” with a sub theme; ‘’The Zambia We Want.”
And because Zambia has reached a midpoint, we recognise that a new generation of leaders has emerged while the old generation is passing.
Its for this reason that we orgainised a conference for young and emerging leaders.
We are privileged to announce that many Zambians of goodwill have joined forces with us to ensure that we help usher in a better Zambia in the next 50 years.
We have the following confirmations;
1. Dr. Rev Japhet Ndhlovu of the United Church of Canada and one of the prominent leaders FORMER GENERAL SECRETARY of The COUNCIL OF CHURCHES IN ZAMBIA (CCZ) and Former spokesperson of the OASIS FORUM has convened this conference.
2. Bishop Alick Banda of Ndola Diocese will chair the Conference
3. Speakers include young members of Parliament such as Hon Miles Sampa, APNAC Chairperson Hon. Cornelius Mwetwa, Parliamentary Accounts Committee (PAC) Chairperson Hon. Vincent Mwale, and Hon Garry Nkombo, Roy Mwaba Secretary General ZCTU, and many more.
4. Hon. Savior Kasuwere, Minister of Environment in Zimbabwe, one of Zimbabwe’s young ministers will give a regional perspective
5. We have also picked Lusaka Mayor, Mulenga Sata and Zambia’s youngest Mayor, the Mayor of Luanshya,
6. We have emerging leaders such as Dr. Maureen Mwanawasa, Hon. Dora Siliya and others will give their leadership experiences
7. Zambia Episcopal Conference (ZEC) President Archbishop Telesphore Mpundu, Bishop John Mambo, Rev Mambo will give a perspective of the Jubilee and what it means in the life of the country
8. We also have speakers from sector institutions such the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ), Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ), Zambia Medical Association of Zambia (ZMA) and others.
9. Student unions have nominated representatives to speak at the conference
10. Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga will lead a large group of veterans and freedom fighters in giving torches of leadership to the convener, chairman, organisers and members of the audience to signify a symbolic handover of power from the old to the new generation.
11. Its also important to state that funding is being obtained from well wishers first from among ourselves and from many supporters of the idea including corporate institutions. We have been giving details of our bank account too.
It’s therefore a baseless and malicious lie to state that this inaugural but historic conference is designed to favour or suit any particular individual.
However, we are confident that the idea of the conference is bigger than all of us, and that at the core of the agenda is a brighter future for Zambia, that the conference will go on as planned.
Zambians of goodwill are invited to register online by following the link on Leadership Conferences Foundation on Facebook or come to Mulungushi International Conference, where a registration desk has been opened.
Stanley Mhango – Conference Coordinator
For and On behalf of
Leadership Conferences Foundation
This post has already been read 1 times!