Keshi’s contract saga still ‘unresolved’
Stephen Keshi has admitted he is not clear about his future with Nigeria and as such he may not be in charge of the Super Eagles for next month’s 2015 African Nations Cup qualifiers.
Nigeria hosts Congo on September 6 and travels to South Africa four days later to meet Bafana as places at Morocco 2015 gather momentum.
A 23-man squad has been announced for the qualifiers and the Nigeria Football Fderation president, Aminu Maigari, said the call-ups were made by Keshi and wants the coach’s contract negotiations to be concluded in good time.
But Keshi told africanFootball.com his situation is far from resolved.
Keshi and the NFF entered into contract talks last week, but talks have been stalled due to the crisis that has rocked the federation.
“I don’t know when I would be returning to Nigeria because things don’t seem to be clear yet,” he maintained.
“But right now as I speak to you I am enjoying the comfort of my home and just waiting on my managers to alert me on the next line of action.”
He further insisted a new and improved contract has to be in place before he could return to his post.
“I cannot just resume duty when talks have not been concluded,” said Keshi, whose first contract ended at the World Cup in Brazil.
“The federation is offering me exactly what they offered two years ago. I don’t think that is wise or a contract renewal.”
This post was originally published on this site