Man, two sons die after eating dog meat in Calabar
PMNews reports that the sad incident occurred after the victims ate the meat of a dog that had been sick in the village.
It was gathered that the man reportedly killed the dog, which was ill and was about to die.
But instead of throwing it away, he decided to make delicacy out of it with his two sons and other persons.
According to an eyewitness in the area, Ugbem Onawo, the dog always eats eggs laid by chickens in the village and one of the villagers allegedly laced the eggs with Gamalin 20 insecticide.
“The dog ate the eggs and fell ill and when it was about to die, the owner quickly killed and prepared it into a delicacy which he, his family and some neigbours ate”, Onawo, a villager narrated.
The source said though many fell sick after eating the meat, those who died also ate the intestines of the dog where incidentally the poison from the Gamalin 20 is lodged.
Frank Ugbem, the councillor representing Wanikade Ward in Yala Local Government Council legislature described the tragedy as painful.
This post has already been read 1 times!
This post was originally published on this site