Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Sunday morning
Good morning! Here are 10 things you need to know this morning:
1. The Christian Association of Nigeria has said that Chris Okotie must not throw stones at its President, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor as he appears to live in a glass house. CAN said the founder of the Household of God should first manage his home and keep the to biblical principles of one man, one wife, before accusing its President of wrongdoing. The Association was reacting to the call by Okotie that its President must be removed due to the recent allegation of armed deal involving his private jet.
2. The son of former military head of state, late General Murtala Mohammed, Alhaji Abba Risqua, has announced that he will be contesting in the Kano State governorship election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
While inaugurating his campaign office, Risqua said that he took the decision afted he had consulted with stakeholders, and other important persons in the state.
3. Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, Matthew Kukah has said that the Boko Haram crisis was established in parts of the North several years ago by leaders of the region. Kuku told Punch in an interview.
4. Report says armed men invaded the legislative quarters of the Edo State House of Assembly in Benin on Saturday morning and vandalised property worth millions of naira. The armed hoodlums, according to report, numbered over 100.
5. Former Vice President and presidential aspirant, Atiku Abubakar, has debunked the report that former Governor, Bola Tinubu, was behind the aspiration of former Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.). Faulting the report, Atiku said Tinubu would not make such moves, considering that he is an elder statesman that would not be involved in favouritism.
6. Internally Displaced Persons from Hawul local government area of Borno state reportedly attacked former Commissioner for Religious Affairs in the state, Hon. Usman Durkwa and the District Head of Shaffa Village, Alhaji Mohammadu Dautiya, when they went to Biu to visit them at the camp and to present them with relief materials. The refugees who are mainly Christians attacked them with dust, saying they were being insensitive to their plights.
7. Report says there is serious hunger in Bama , one of the commercial towns in Borno State that was recently attacked by Boko Haram insurgents. The Senator representing Borno Central at the National Assembly, Zannah Ahmed, has said that most times, the aged who could not leave the town depend on the insurgents for feeding.
8. Kaduna State Governor, Mukhtar Ramalan Yero has picked up a nomination form seeking a re-election in 2015 on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). The governor said his decision was based on the calls from all quarters in the state that he was needed again in the government house in 2015.
9. Emeka Ike, an aspiring AGN President has criticised AGN President, Ibinabo Fibreisima and other Nollywood Actors for allegedly drawing Nollywood backward. He also accused some producers of sleeping with actresses before assigning them roles in movies.
10. Northern Youth Assembly has issued the FG a three-week ultimatum to set up a commission of enquiry into the case of 9.3m dollars arm deal. The Assembly said it will take the case before the United Nations Security Council (UNSC), should the government fail to set up the committee.
This post has already been read 1 times!
This post was originally published on this site