Police officer who shot and killed unarmed teen in Missouri finally named

By IAfrica
In Nigeria
Aug 15th, 2014

The police officer who shot and killed black teenager Michael Brown on a street in Ferguson, St. Louis last Saturday August 9th has been named. His name is Darren Wilson and he’s supposedly ‘torn up’ over the shooting. They are yet to release a pic of what the officer looks like.

Darren Wilson is said to be a six-year veteran of the Ferguson Police Department and has no history of disciplinary action. The police claim the officer was treated for injuries after the shooting. Officer Wilson claims Michael attacked him and struggled with him over his gun during the altercation. 

The Ferguson police chief in a press briefing today gave a timeline of the minutes leading up to the shooting on Saturday afternoon.

At 11.48am, Officer Wilson was at an unrelated ‘sick call’ with an ambulance. At 11.51am, a 911 call came in reporting a ‘strong-armed’ robbery at a convenience store, which included a description of two suspects.” Continue…

At 12.01pm, Officer Wilson made contact with Michael Brown who was walking with a friend.

A second officer arrived on scene immediately following the shooting. At 12.05pm, a supervisor arrived.

Chief Jackson said the ambulance that had been on the sick call responded to the shooting and provided medical assistance to Mr Brown – who was pronounced dead at the scene. 

Police have said 18-year-old Michael Brown was shot dead after Officer Wilson encountered him and another man on the street.

Police claim one of the men pushed the officer into his squad car, then physically assaulted him in the vehicle and struggled with the officer over the officer’s weapon.

At least one shot was fired inside the car. The struggle then spilled onto the street, where Brown was shot multiple times.

Witnesses have said the officer fired on Brown as he tried to run away.

18 year-old Michael had been due to start classes at Vatterott College this past Monday, two days before he was killed. Michael was walking, unarmed, from a convenience store with another man to his grandmother’s apartment in Ferguson, when the police man confronted them.

This post has already been read 1 times!

This post was originally published on this site

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS

Comments are closed.