Security halts march on Villa
Security operatives stopped #BringBackOurGirls protesters yesterday from marching on the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
The security men barricaded the road leading into the seat of power, claiming that they had been ordered to stop the the protesters .
They said they were not permitted to address the group or allow them into the Villa since no one was available to address them.
Their message will be delivered to the authorities who will fix a date to meet with the group, they said.
The group is pushing for more action to retrieve the over 200 girls abducted on April 15 by Boko Haram.
They hurriedly organised the protest during the 68th sit-out, stating that the continued stay of the Chibok girls in the hands of the sect was no longer acceptable.
Members of the group sang solidarity songs, until their leaders, including Dino Melaye and Aisha Yusufu, came back with the report that their message would be conveyed to the authorities.
Mrs. Yusufu explained that the group decided on the spontaneous march during the usual daily sitting, to remind President Goodluck Jonathan and the Nigerians that the girls missing 83 days after.
This post has already been read 2 times!
This post was originally published on this site