A THREE-month-old boy who allegedly suffers from a rare condition where he bursts into flames every time he sweats is in hospital recovering from his injuries.

A-three-year-old-baby-in-India-allegedly-catches-fire-each-time-he-sweats A three-year-old baby in India allegedly catches fire each time he sweats
Baby Rahul reportedly first caught fire when he was just nine days old with no source of external ignition and it has since happened three more times.The child was admitted to the intensive care unit in Chennai, India with 10 degree burns last week and doctors say he may suffer from ‘spontaneous human combustion’,

The hospital believe he may have caught fire due to gases emitting from his  skin and doctors are concered there is no cure for the rare medical issue.

Speaking to CNN IBN Live, Dr Thenmozhi from Kilpauk Medical College and Hospital said: “It’s a very rare case, it can occur in any age group. It is the spontaneous explosion of burning material from the sweat.

“It’s a serious case. In the past cases, those who happened to be with the person who had this disorder have died. Severe precautions need to be taken.

“In my experience, this is the first time I’ve seen such a case. And unfortunately, there is no special cure and it has to be treated like a regular burn injury.”

Doctors have advised the parents of baby Rahul to keep their son away from inflammable substances and for him to stay in a climate controlled room.

His father Karnan said he did not believe what doctors were telling him when he was first informed about it.

He said: “The first two times when the incident took place, my wife and son were at my mother-in-law’s house. I didn’t believe it till I saw it with my own eyes.

“Doctors were saying that they can’t do anything to cure him but can only treat his injuries. I have lost my house in the fire. The government should provide us with some shelter.”

The baby is currently being kept under constant observation by doctors.