Why Ethiopian hero’s and nationalists are terrorists for the tyrant regime
By Abenezer Aregawi
I was called a terrorist yesterday, but when I came out of jail, many people embraced me, including my enemies, and that is what I normally tell other people who say those who are struggling for liberation in their country are terrorists, I tell them that I was also a terrorist yesterday, but, today, I am admired by the very people who said I was one.
Nelson Mandela, Larry King Live, May 16, 2000
First of all I want to clear myself that I am not racist even if I grown up at the rule of the existed regime since I am at adult age now that whenever I used the word minority it doesn’t imply any racial group rather to indicate the minority traitors and crooks who are ruling the country without the consent of the Ethiopian people. The weyanna regime used ethnic-federalism to divide and rule the Ethiopian people who lived together for the last 3000 years regardless of existed differences. This people have long history in fighting foreign aggressors and internal chaos happening in between of warlords. They stand in one to settle peace and security and respect the sovereignty of the country today destructing and selling by the weyanna/EPRDF regime. Let me go back to the main agenda of this paper.
Before we discuss the reason, we have to make some analysis what the ruling party look like. Currently Ethiopia is ruled by Ethiopian People Revolutionary Party (EPRDF/weyanna) i.e. A coalition of one dominant/supreme party ( Tigray People’s Liberation Front(TPLF)), and three puppet coalition party (Amhara National Democratic Movement(ANDM), Oromo People’s Democratic Organization(OPDM), Southern Ethiopian People’s Democratic Movement (SEPDM)) made of by the late Prime Minister Ato Meles Zenawi. Even though there are four coalition political parties the main actors are a few gangster group from the Tigraian region (Adwa, Axum, Lalibela,,,,), the rest public officials are elected from different ethnic group for nothing. All higher financial and military positions are in the hand of the TPLF group.
Even if they don’t know what they are doing now, before the death of the late Prime Minister Ato Meles Zenawi the country was under totalitarian dictatorship, the most repressive regime where there is absence of freedom, the court, the military/army, and the police officer enforce against individual liberty. Absence of human and democratic right is getting worse after his death. As I have stated before currently they lost their compass that they don’t know what they are doing? All his repression, torture, massacres, killing and many other measures are highly supported by his puppet that they were promising to continue his action by all higher official and cabinet members including the new Prime Minister, Ato Hailemariam Dessaleign.
So, what are the characteristics of EPRDF/TPLF?
The following are the characteristics of the weyanna regime/Eprdf:-
1. Absence of freedom of speech and press. The Ethiopian codified fake constitution states about right of thought, opinion and expression under article 29. This provision further states the rights expressly under sub-article 2, everyone has the right to freedom of expression without any interference. This right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any media of his choice, though the government denies this right. Journalists are repressed, convicted, tortured, or punished by imprisonment or by worse measure because of their opposing view and speech. Journalist Reyot Alemu, Eskinder Nega,,,,, and many others are victim of the inherited democratic right stipulated under the constitution.
2. Absence of free and regular elections. There were four fake general election made since EPRDF took power in 1995, 2000, 2005, 2010. The most important election in the Ethiopian history was the parliamentary election held on May 15, 2005 where the Ethiopian government/EPRDF lost his power even if EPRDF officials announced as they won 296 seats of total 524 seats. Coalition for Unity and Democracy (CUD) was the one that won the 2005 general election which took the life of hundred Ethiopians on the day light on the street, torture, imprisonment, humiliation, repression of individuals, groups, political activists, journalists including CUD leaders. The consequence of the 2005 election is there still today where many people are victims. Amazing and surprising that they won 99.6% in the 2010 fake election. Human Rights Watch claimed the result was affected by government intimidation of voters over a period of month. European election observers said that the election fell short of international standards. According to Human Rights Watch the government had a strategy to systematically close down space for political dissent and independent criticism (Human Rights Watch World Report 2011 page 121).
3. Absence of independent judiciary. All law enforcer organs are filled by the ruling party member that the judges, the police, the army are obliged to enforce anything ordered by the higher officials. There is no independent judiciary system as written under FDRE the constitution article 78(1). The judge punishes any suspected criminal based on the order of the ruling party officials not based on the facts, the law and his conscience. The judges don’t have full independence as articulated under article 79(3) of the FDRE constitution. Judges are expected to issue ruling based on the regime ruler wants, even if their wish is in contradiction with the reality/truth and the law. Judges are instrument for the ruling party.
4. Not guarantee for free opposition political parties. In Ethiopia all opposition parties are influenced by the ruling party or group. Throughout their administration they are criticized by the opposition parties for their humiliation, torture, arrest, imprisonment and many others, the member of the opposition political party. Imprisonment and mass murder are common for the mere fact of being political opponent or suspected of opposing the existed government.
5. Absence of good governance. We can easily proof the existence of poor governance by mention difference things. Occurrence of drought and famine, the presence of high child and maternal mortality rate, high inflation, existence of high corruption, high rate of un employment, high rate of illiteracy, absence of clean water and sanitation, absence of good infrastructures, electricity,,,,,. The country is one of the poorest countries in the world. The weyanna minority group propaganda is accountable for the country crises. We can’t think of sustainable development in the absence of good governance. Absence of openness, accountability and transparency comes because of lack of good governance. The minority regime officials are secret and not accountable for their action. No official brought to justice for his/her crime. Public officials are fired, lower their position only when they conflict each other in personal interest.
All these characteristics show how brutal and dictator the minority ruling party is. Ethiopian people lost hope by the existed government for the peaceful transfer of power, independence of the judiciary, freedom of speech and expression, freedom of press, the right to oppose and challenge the idea of the ruling party. Because whenever they demand or exercise these human and democratic rights even as stipulated under their constitution the government is repressive that such action could be punished by imprisonment or worse by the ruling party. The society became calm, not because their basic democratic and fundamental rights are respected rather the punishment for dissent is harsh.
So, the minority ruling junta is dictator that any opposition political party member and leaders, journalists, political activists, religious leaders, individuals and groups who demand the basic human and democratic right are considered as terrorist. These the minority rulers don’t care about the flag and sovereignty of the country other than their power. They sell the fertile land of the country for foreign investors for penny by taking from our parents. They disintegrate the country as soon as they took power in 1993(separation of Eritrea as an independent state). They put article 39(1) under FDRE constitution, the right to self determination, including secession which is the soldier of disintegration. Our hero’s and nationalists are fighting them to respect our freedom, democracy and justice and respect the sovereignty of the country, but they are terrorists for the minority rulers. Because they want oppress and exploit the Ethiopian people for several decades. Those who want freedom, democracy, justice and equality for everyone are considered as terrorist by the weyanna minority regime.
So, any Ethiopian who march for freedom, democracy and justice for everyone is terrorist for the minority ruler and patriot, hero and nationalist for his/her country that all Ethiopians have to stand in unison to bring the dictatorial rule and end for once and for all.
Our minority tyrant leaders are dictators that our hero’s and nationalists are terrorists for them.
God bless Ethiopia!
In unison we can make the difference!
You can reach the writer at: firstname.lastname@example.org