Woman, teenage girl electrocuted in Lagos

By
In Nigeria
Aug 26th, 2014
0 Comments
54 Views

A middle aged woman and her younger sister were on Tuesday electrocuted in Amukoko, a Lagos suburb.

The incident occurred at about 3.00am in the morning when a high tension wire belonging to the Power Holding Company of Nigeria fell on the roof of a house on No 8, Olumokun Street, Amukoko and sparked a fire.

Residents reportedly scampered to different directions to avoid being electrocuted.

However, a 12-year -old girl simply identified as Fatima, said to have visited her elder sister on vacation from Niger State was electrocuted.

Fatima was electrocuted when she ran and held an iron used to stand a canopy.

When her elder sister who neighbours referred to as Mama Ibrahim noticed that Fatima had fallen on the iron and was motionless, she screamed her name hoping she would answer.

But when Fatima did not reply, Mama Ibrahim moved to where the young girl was and tried to rescue her and was also electrocuted.

Tears flowed freely as neighbours who could not salvage the situation watched helplessly as the sisters died.


This post was originally published on this site

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS

Comments are closed.